System Announcements, April 2004
- Nov 2003: "vim" (update of an old text editor) installed in
- Nov 2003: "defaultprinter" installed to set default printer
- Nov 2003: "fixmozillapdf" installed to set mozilla defaults
- Dec 2003: PATRAN 2003 r2 installed. Type "patran" to run it.
PATRAN 8.5 is available as "patran8.5".
ABAQUS 6.3 installed. Type "abaqus" to run it.
ABAQUS 6.2 is available as "abaqus62".
- Mar 2004:
PDFvalidate installed in
/opt/Multivalent/bin/. They offer for PDF
psselect etc offer for Postscript files. See
the online man pages for details, or the
- Apr 2004: Matlab's laprint (better eps output for LaTeX users) updated to
version 3.13. See the Laprint user guide for details.
- Apr 2004: The desktop in the tw1-tw6 terminals in the DPO has changed
behind the scenes to improve performance
The "matlab" and "mozilla" commands will still run the HP versions for
- The "WWW mozilla" icon will run mozilla on the linux terminal itself,
rather than running HP's mozilla remotely. This will make Shockwave
and Java available. The "Help" icon will also run linux mozilla.
- The "Matlab" icon will run matlab on the linux terminal itself,
rather than running HP's matlab remotely. This will make some
- Various new webpages installed (on matlab, saving paper, etc). See
the What's New page