All members of the Department have personal email accounts on the central University Hermes system. This is run by the Computing Service, who provide a wide range of Documentation, Online Leaflets and FAQs about use of email within Cambridge.
The Department also provides various other email services, both internally and in conjunction with the Computing Service.
General information about email
- Handling mail for a role separately from personal mail
- Mailing lists
- Additional personal email aliases for staff
- IMAP archive - mail archives which can be accessed from anywhere.
- Automatic filters on incoming email
Help using email
- Using your email program
- Forwarding your email
- Filtering hermes mail
- Setting up a vacation message when you go away
- Junk email:
- Viruses - These are often spread by mail. This page details how to avoid them and what to do if you are infected.
- Finding other people's email addresses
- The CUED Frequently Asked Questions list answers commonly asked email questions.