Here's all sorts of links to security related things, ftp sites,
mailing lists, everything!
- CIAC Security Web Site.
- CIAC is the U.S. Department of Energy's Computer Incident Advisory
- SRI Computer Science Lab.
- SRI has responsibility for the ACM Forum on Risks in the Use of Computer
and Related Systems. Here you'll find a link to it.
- SRI WWW Server
- SAIC WWW server
Corporation has an MLS (Multi-Level Security group that specializes in
computer security and secure UNIX
(Computer Operations, Audit and Security Tools).
A great ftp site collecting many things pertinant to security.
- Raptor Eagle
- Raptor Systems markets a commercially
- digital markets a series of products and services
- Computer Systems Consulting
has much of the information and tools available to the cracker
- RSA Data Security, Inc.'s Home
provides the defacto industry standard in public key encryption.
PGP, and Your Privacy
- This is a part of the
Virtual Library Subject Catalogue.
- It collects together in one
a readable overview of the subjects, with hypertext links to other
- NIST WWW - Home Page
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology has a lot of
on computer security. Try the keyword "security" from their search
The Secure HyperText Transfer Protocol
- This is the draft text for an RFC (Request For Comment) being
to elicit public comment.
Menegay's Security page
- This site contains explicit information about how to break into
systems. It also details how to stop these methods. A valuable
Knowing this information is out there helps administrators.
- Tansu collects information related to computer security.
- This section of the Advanced Laboratory Workstation Project contains
of information on security, including access to governmental
- NASA Automated Systems
- Not really of much use, you can't go beyond an introductory screen
General FTP Sites
- NIST FTP Server
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology's Computer
Laboratory, Computer Security Divison FTP site. You might want to
the index.html file once there for a cleaner interface.
- CERT FTP Server
- Computer Emergency Response Center FTP site. Many advisories and
are available here.
- CIAC FTP Server
- Computer Incident Advisory Capability Ftp site.
- COAST Security FTP
- Computer Operations, Audit and Security Tools ftp site.
- Greatcircle FTP
- This is the system the firewalls mailing list lives on, and
an extensive list of documentation and other useful information about
- Trusted Information Systems (TIS)
- TIS does consulting in the firewalls market. They also have a very
complete suite of software to implement a firewall available by
- AT&T FTP
- Athena FTP
- From MIT, the Athena Project has more to offer than X. Among other
things, you'll find kerberos software here, as well as a great
of USENIX papers, and other tasty tidbits.
- SURA FTP Server
- SURAnet security archive. They have CERT and CIAC alerts, NIST
publications, Department of Defense Alerts, pagers, security programs,
- DDN Security Bulletins FTP
- This is the NIC's security ftp server. Skip all the files starting
ddn-security- until you get down to ddn-security-8901. All the
ones will just tell you that the naming conventions have changed, and
looking at the wrong file.
- Texas AMU security
- Texas A&M, in response to being broken into, has developed a lot of
expertise in detecting and preventing breakins. Here you'll find papers
- NEC.COM FTP
- While intended for the use of NEC and it's subsidiaries, this site
always has a nifty assortment of tools for socks, sudo, cops, etc...
Secure HyperText Transfer Protocol
- Dartmouth Security
- Matt Bishop's cool collection of papers and programs related to
- AI and statistical tools to detect intrusion.
- SRI's NIDES
Intrusion Detection System
- NIST Main
- NIST Security
- FIRST Gopher
- CSC Security Gopher
Audit & Control (SIGSAC)
FTP Sites for FAQs
- FAQ for comp.security.misc
- FAQ for comp
- FAQ for
Q for alt.security
- FAQ for alt.security
- FAQ for comp.security.unix
- FAQ for
- FAQ for Privacy Enhanced
FTP Alert Sites
- NASIRC - NASA
Automated Systems Incident Response Capability
- CERT - Computer
Emergency Response Team
- ASSIST -
Automated Systems Security Incident Support Team
- DDN - DEFENSE
- CIAC - Computer
Incident Advisory Capability
- FIRST - Forum of
Response and Security Teams
- AUSERT - Australian Security