- A handout on Debugging
- ANSI C Rationale (a 100+ page DVI file justifying and describing ANSI C)
- A Style Guide (a 38 page DVI file)
- A Tutorial on pointers and arrays
- Tips on writing portable code (a 38 page DVI file)
- C Traps and Pitfalls (Koenig's listing of C's tricks and traps, in postscript)
Other Sites and Sources of information
Maths and Optimisation
- Netlib's collection of math routines and the Maths help page)
- NAG (Numerical Algorithms Group) libraries are installed locally on the HP machines (/usr/local/lib/libnag.a). C users should look at (/opt/NAG/include/techdoc.ps). HP C users should use the /opt/NAG/include/nagmk17_unix_nus.h include file.
- gcc is installed on the linux-based Teaching System. See the gcc manpage for details.
- For information on programming in C, read the CUED Tutorial. It has sections on debugging, pointers, etc and a section of examples.
- Questions commonly asked at CUED are answered in the FAQ. Mail Tim Love if you have problems.
C++ is a related language.
Postscript and LaTeX versions of local documention are online.